Jonathan Alcock & Sons requires a self-motivated, flexible and professional Funeral Services Operative to join its well established and highly reputable team based in Cheadle, Stockport.
This is a full-time position (42.5 hours per week) with a requirement for overtime on an on-call rota basis.
Working in the funeral profession is very challenging and emotional but it is also incredibly rewarding. The position requires a high degree of professionalism and integrity and the employee will be required to uphold the faultless standards that we set at Jonathan Alcock and Sons Ltd. The Company are members and abide by the Code of Practice of the National Association of Funeral Directors and SAIF Independent Funeral Directors.
What you will receive:
- Salary of £21,000 – £25,000 depending on your experience with additional overtime payments for on call work
- Holiday entitlement of 5 weeks plus the usual bank holidays
- Company sick pay scheme
- Company bonus scheme
- Progression and training opportunities including support to achieve the Embalming Diploma
- Working with and learning from an experienced team of Funeral Operatives and Directors
- Working within a reputable and well established, family run business.
What you will do:
- Provide practical, hands-on care for the deceased and the bereaved
- Maintain high levels of understanding, empathy and compassion at all times
- Present yourself professionally and respectfully at all times
- Work flexibly as the needs of the role demand
- Assist in collecting the deceased from the place of death to rest at our funeral home.
- Prepare the deceased for burial or cremation, including placing them in coffins and preparing them for viewing.
- Prepare and fit coffins and engraving nameplates.
- Order coffins, coffin accessories, gowns and other workshop materials and mortuary supplies, cleaning and first aid supplies.
- Maintaining, washing, cleaning, polishing, and driving all company vehicles.
- Drive our hearses and limousines on funerals professionally and with dignity.
- Act as bearer as and when required.
- Assist the Funeral Directors and your colleagues in providing a customer focused service that not only meets but goes beyond client expectation.
- Maintain an active role in the communities we serve including clergy, celebrants, cemetery, and crematoria staff etc and act as a trusted and well-respected ambassador for Jonathan Alcock and Sons.
- Take part in the out of hours rota for removals and at times, weekend funerals.
- Uphold the confidentiality of clients by operating within the bounds of data protection laws both in and out of work.
What you will have:
- A full, clean driving licence
- Keen attention to detail
- A practical can-do attitude combined with a caring nature and emotional maturity.
- The ability to perform the physical aspects of the role. You will be lifting heavy coffins in a variety of environments and demanding situations.
- Ability to accurately carry out detailed instructions and complete tasks in agreed timescales.
- Good initiative
- Flexibility to be part of our on-call 24/7 365 team on an agreed 1 in 4-week rota.
- A professional and caring approach to client / customer service
- The desire to learn, gain qualifications including the Embalming Diploma to progress in the company
If you’re interested in this position, we want to hear from you and would welcome an interview with you to find out more about you and answer any questions you have about us.
Please submit your CV and a brief covering letter explaining why you feel you are a good fit for this role to John Wild, email@example.com
Closing Date: Friday 14th May 2021