Job Advert: Funeral Director
Are you a dedicated funeral director who is passionate about providing a dignified, supportive customer experience to individuals and families going through bereavement? Are you an excellent listener who always shows empathy and respect? Are you highly organised and efficient, responding well to the pressure of deadlines?
If so, then we would encourage you to consider applying for the role of Funeral Director within our team.
Jonathan Alcock & Sons is looking for a locally based, highly professional and personable individual to join a small team which is well known locally for providing an excellent, compassionate service.
What you will do:
This will be a full time position, working Monday to Friday with an expectation that you will work ‘on call’ every fourth week.
You will take full responsibility for expertly arranging funerals from the initial customer contact through to the service and the post-funeral stages. You will guide customers through the process, advising them on their options, the process and what to expect, keeping them informed at every stage. You will arrange funerals according to their and the deceased’s wishes and ensure that funerals run as expected on the day. You will additionally ensure all paperwork, process and legal requirements are met. This is a pivotal role within Jonathan Alcock & Sons, and we expect all of our Funeral Directors to be highly professional, efficient and customer focused at all times.
We will provide:
- A supportive, experienced team to work alongside you
- Support to achieve relevant qualifications if applicable
- A salary of £27,000 – £30,000 dependent on qualifications
- A holiday entitlement of 25 days per year plus bank holidays
- Health insurance
- Discretionary bonus
We will expect:
- Excellent interpersonal and listening skills
- High levels of professionalism and integrity
- Exceptional organisational and prioritisation skills
- A full clean driving licence
- A presentable appearance
- Reliable travel to our premises in Cheadle Village
- To have, or be willing to work towards, a relevant professional qualification.
If this sounds like the right role for you, please send your CV to our HR Department care of Emma Fay Emma.email@example.com